S. S. Australis Homepage UPDATE
I'm delighted that the web site has reached over 300, 000 visitors!!
Thanks to everyone who has contributed during the last 17 years, and for your sustained interest from those who regularly visit the site.
You may be interested to know that the S. S. Australis Web site has been used in a variety of ways, here are just a few of them:
- I have been contributing to an exhibition for Celebrity Cruises/Royal Caribbean Lines in the USA.
- Also I have been Providing "real facts" to include in a childrens story book.
- Larry Driscoll's shipping book Referred to my site, if you would be interested in reading it, the title is: The Story of the S.S. AMERICA, U.S.S WEST POINT & S.S. AUSTRALIS.
- We have had Some wonderful ex-crew reunions - with people travelling from as far away as northern Australia, and all points North, South, East and West of my home town.
- Instrumental in bringing people together - and they ended up marrying some years ago!
The site is also linked to numerous maritime web sites, and I know that news of the S. S. Australis Homepage has reached the ears and eyes of the Chandris family and their employees.
One of the most rewarding aspects of this site is to have established contact with some great ex-crew members and passengers over the years. However there are still a few friends that I've yet to hear from!
A heartfelt thanks, I am indebted to you all.