Picture Collection by Brian Hanson.
Brian was the drummer in the "Junior Johnson Trio" which used to play in the Main Lounge. He was the substitute drummer after the regular guy was taken ill in Las Palmas. Since Brian has contacted me he has been able to get in touch with the keyboard player from the band as he has also e-mailed me just recently.
Brian worked on the ship at the same time as my brother Ray and below is a picture ("lounge2.jpg") of my brother "doing his thing" in the Main Lounge.
Click any of the thumbnails below to view a larger image.
Below is a rundown of the photos shown above.
1. "Acapulco"- The ship at anchor off Acapulco, Mexico. Taken from the tender.
2. "Bassplay"- The Bassplayer in our trio (cannot remember his name) he came from Gibraltar.
3. "Baz1"- Barry Cooper, Keyboard player, caught in strange pose in gangway outside cabin.
4. "Girlsa"- Taxi on the quayside in Capetown - one of the girls who worked on the ship.
5. "Lounge2"- This shows Ray in rehearsal for the Victorian melodrama. Taken on the Southbound journey.
6. "Lounge3"- The audience in the Main Lounge show.
7. "Lounge4"- The reflected light in the foreground is from the cymbals.
8. "Lounge5"- Shows the view from behind the drumkit during some theatrical stuff.
9. "Memexnt"- Brian in full swing during the "Mexican night" Ballroom show.
10."Sydney"- Self explanatory.
11."Tabmt"-Barry atop Table Mountain and a couple of passengers he was friendly with.
Many thanks to Bryan Hanson for his contribution to the site.
If you are interested in adding your photos, stories or memorabillia to my site,
please don't hesitate to contact me on the link below
You can send messages to me on this e-mail address:
| Captain and Crew. | History.
| Steamboat Bill. | Chandris.
Mr. Kaparis. | Bill Miller. | The
Picture Gallery. | Maritime Links. | Where
are they now.